VP, Information Technology
- New York, New York
DVF is seeking a Vice President to lead its Information Technology team. The VP, IT will be responsible for all the technical aspects of DVF’s global E-Commerce business , Retail Stores, Corporate Applications, Business Intelligence, Infrastructure, and Helpdesk. This role will partner with the leaders of all business units to deliver viable solutions and develop a long-term IT Strategy for their business requirements.
The immediate priorities for this role will be to complete and implement a new POS and single ERP platform. The company has selected Microsoft D365 and will be looking someone with experience in that technology. DVF is also focused on Direct to Customer channels (DTC) to drive growth and applicants to this role should have experience with building seamless Omnichannel operations that support the DTC business.
The VP, IT will report to the Chief Finance Officer.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Partner with senior leadership and functional business leaders to understand their strategic direction and capabilities critical for success, and implement the appropriate governance, prioritization and an effective sponsorship of IT initiatives.
- Define the strategy, policies and plans to implement and maintain all Systems, Applications, Server and Network components.
- Define technology roadmaps, and manage day-to-day IT operations and execution of key initiatives in support of the business strategic plan; implement appropriate business continuity and monitoring tools for business-critical applications.
- Ensure that the IT organization is a “customer-centric” team that is focused on business needs and overall growth objectives of DVF.
- Strong, hands-on team leader who will attract, retain and mentor a high performing collaborative IT organization. Oversee hiring decisions, performance appraisals, and employee development. Actively coach and mentor IT team to higher levels of performance. Build and maintain a high performing IT team. Champion the development of IT leadership and professional talent,
- Seek and evaluate emerging technologies and educate business leaders on potential for new technologies to deliver ROI by enabling business innovation, efficiency and competitive advantage.
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and coaching employees; and resolving employee issues that arise. Creates an environment of accountability.
- Enhance the use of existing technologies and drive scalability and stability.
- Develops performance metrics, driving continuous improvement and innovation within the organization; establishes IT policies and best practices, systems and technology, project and program management, development standards and methodologies.
- Drive and sustain operational excellence and IT service levels.
- Demonstrates management style that encourages teamwork, participation, communication, and service orientation.
- Develops and manages operating and capital budgets for the IT department.
- Negotiate vendor contracts/manage key strategic vendor relationships.
- Ownership of Key Systems including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Dynamics – AX 2012 R1 ERP
- Bluecherry ERP & PLM
- BIRST – Cloud BI Platform
- Store POS, MPOS & MStore (All Salesforce Commerce Cloud- Store platforms)
- 10+ years’ experience working in the Retail Industry in a Technology role
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience (Director or above)
- Experience developing and executing IT strategy and transformation projects
- Strong Experience and/or exposure to web services, digital, analytics, IoT, mobile, and cloud (SaaS/PaaS)
- Experience with Store Technologies (including mobile technologies) with strong understanding of Cloud based systems
- Experience in implementing and or managing POS, OMS, ERP & BI systems
- Hands on experience in Microsoft Dynamics and Blue cherry preferred
- Experience in Executive stakeholder communication
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; adept at gaining buy in from leadership and team members alike
- Awareness of Security and PCI concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology/Engineering/Business required