- New York, New York
- Paid Internship
Our internships provide opportunities to learn through hands-on-training and experience, under the guidance of knowledgeable and experienced supervisors. This is accomplished through participation in projects and assignments. The intern will experience the entire process of print design, from concept to final product.
NECESSARY SKILL SET:
- Proficiency in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Knowledge of textile and surface design (repeats and color ways)
- Some knowledge of woven design and construction a plus
- Excellent color sense required
- Strong drawing skills
- Strong organizational and time keeping skills
- Accuracy and neatness
- Ability to work at a fast pace, while remaining efficient and accurate
- Demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude
- Be available to work for at least two days a week
- Must be able to provide proof of work authorization in the U.S.
- Must be eligible for school credit.
- Create print design layouts/repeats and color ways in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Create Illustrator files from Photoshop files or jpegs
- Clean Photoshop files
- Illustrate and draw motifs
- Assist with pitch sheets and engraving set-ups
- Assist in print development
- Help maintain and organize the print studio supplies and workspace