- New York, New York
- Temporarily Remote
A detailed oriented and highly analytical analyst or accountant to provide support to the Director of Finance and Operations to lead the finance function to optimize the business resources including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, external audit and treasury management. The position is accountable for all accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Lead the day-to-day administration and control of the accounting, treasury, and forecasting functions to safeguard the assets and to ensure that financial transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner in keeping with accepted accounting standards and principles.
- Prepare general ledger entries for the month end financial close to ensure all expenses are properly accounted for.
- Monitor, analyze, reconcile, and prepare journal entries related to balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare reports to analyze the key drivers of month end variances.
- Partner with the business to serve as a day-to-day liaison/Finance contact.
- Develop bottom-up operating budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans in partnership with the Director of Finance to ensure financial transparency and accountability to budgets and expenses throughout the organization.
- Ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, financial statements, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices, petty cash transactions, employee expense reports, payroll processing and payroll tax compliance.
- Review licensee royalty statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with contractual terms & conditions.
- Manage daily cash availability to pay vendors, payroll, rent and other expenses.
- Report cash position to Director of Finance daily and call out risks.
- Prepare weekly cash flow reports and cash flow projections.
- Maintain monthly cash account reconciliations.
- Assist with ad hoc analyses for Senior Management to help understand trends and opportunities across the business.
- Partner with external tax accountants in the preparation of quarterly and annual filings of all tax returns and extensions.
- Assist with year-end external audit.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with minimum of 1-2 years of professional accounting/finance experience; CPA a plus
- Retail background experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
THIS JOB WILL INITIALLY BE REMOTE AND THERE WILL BE FLEXIBILITY TO WORK FROM HOME